Cape Kidnappers Gannet Tour ex Te Awanga Base
Our regular gannet tours are perfect for individuals and small groups, up to 8 people. You'll enjoy your gannet tour of the world's largest, most accessible gannet colony whilst travelling through spectacular Hawke's Bay scenery in air conditioned comfort in our specialised 4x4 vehicles. And with Gannet Safaris you will get you closer to the gannets at Cape Kidnappers than with any other tour.
During your tour there will be many fabulous photo opportunities which will leave you with fond memories we hope you will share with your family and friends.
- Be accompanied by an experienced driver/guide who will provide a knowledgeable and insightful commentary throughout the tour
- Travel in air conditioned 4x4 comfort
- Experience some breathtaking scenery
- Visit a production forest
- View a predator proof reserve
- Visit a New Zealand native forest
- View significant geological landscapes
- Visit a working farm of over 5000 acres
- View Cape Kidnappers' International Golf Course
- Learn about local Maori legend
- And discover the largest mainland gannet colony in the world from your position at the brink of the cliffs edge - 100 metres above the ocean, whilst being served light refreshments as you enjoy watching the gannets perform around you.
All this will take approximately 3 hours and you need not take a step if you don't want to!