Walter Peak Farm Tour
This is a New Zealand farming tour like no other – a visit to the Walter Peak High Country Farm and the perfect opportunity to spend a relaxing few hours enjoying the interactive experience.
- Includes a scenic cruise on board the vintage TSS Earnslaw to the farm
- A guided walking tour of the farmyard with our rural host
- Demonstrations of the farming lifestyle
- Morning or afternoon tea, freshly baked at the farm
- There are daily departures for the farm tour
- Duration: 3 hour 30 mins
Farming in the New Zealand high country is a way of life – and it’s one you can get up close to at Walter Peak.
Situated on picturesque Lake Wakatipu’s south-western shores, Walter Peak High Country Farm is an idyllic place to spend a relaxing few hours. The farm tour itself is a wonderful, interactive experience, with something to keep everyone entertained and happy.
You will be greeted by our rural host upon disembarking the TSS Earnslaw, who will take you to the sheep shearing demonstration and where you will watch the remarkable skill with which the farm dogs round up sheep from the paddocks.
You will have time for a walking tour of the farmyard, visiting the holding pens, where you can help feed the sheep and deer and even get up close to the Scottish Highland Cattle. Then a stroll to the charming old wool shed for morning or afternoon tea. You may have time to stroll through the lakeside gardens before you re-board the TSS Earnslaw for your cruise back to Queenstown.
Things you should know
- Includes return cruise on board the vintage steamship TSS Earnslaw to/from Walter Peak High Country Farm
- Includes a guided walking tour of the farmyard to view and feed sheep, deer, cattle and alpacas
- Demonstrations of sheep dogs working and sheep shearing
- Enjoy morning or afternoon tea including scones, cakes and slices freshly baked at the farm
- There’s time to relax in the lakeside gardens, in the sunny courtyards or peruse the gift shop for a memorable take home souvenir
- The tour is suitable for all ages – children love watching the dogs at work!
- A licensed cafe on board the TSS Earnslaw provides great refreshments
- Please note: The TSS Earnslaw is under maintenance for a short time period during winter each year (planned for early June - early July 2020). During this period travel to Walter Peak is by a smaller motorised boat (the lower price reflects this change).