The Midland train line between Christchurch and Greymouth is out of action following a 300ha fire in a remote part of the South Island.
The TranzAlpine is now scheduled to resume services on 22 March , 2017
Full refunds are being offered as well as replacement bus services which if accepted you will receive a 50% refund off your fare paid.
As the road was not damaged, bus replacements are available for affected passengers. This bus will depart from the Christchurch and Greymouth Railway Stations on the same timetable as TranzAlpine currently operates.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
Please contact us with your booking reference number to request cancellation.
We will keep you updated if any of the above circumstances change. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any queries.
COASTAL PACIFIC UPDATE
Work is continuing at pace on the reinstatement of the Main North Line following November’s Kaikoura earthquake. Parts of the line are open for freight goods and crews are working fast in both directions but higher safety standards and ongoing seismic events mean that passenger services will be delayed longer than freight. Because of this, it is unlikely that the Coastal Pacific will operate this summer season (September 2017-April 2018).
The Coastal Pacific will be back to service as early as possible for the 2018/2019 season and it is hoped the season will be extended if possible. This could mean an earlier start date than September 2018. We will continue to keep you updated as a return to service date becomes clearer. In the meantime we can book coach transportation for you between Picton and Christchurch.
TRAVEL RESERVATIONS MADE WITHIN 24 HOURS OF DEPARTURE TIME/DATE OR ON THE DAY OF TRAVEL CAN NOT BE GUARANTEED
* All prices are in New Zealand Dollars (NZ$) and include Goods & Service Tax (GST). All prices are capacity controlled and subject to change. If the fare you requested is unavailable you will be contacted via the details provided in your booking and offered the alternative fare or the opportunity to cancel your request without penalty.
* Rail New Zealand has obtained some live API feeds on selected products. Ferry bookings are live bookings and therefore instant confirmations are provided. Other services are on a request basis and will be processed manually. Bookings are not confirmed until you receive a travel voucher clearly confirming all journeys with an applicable confirmation number.
* A $5 Processing Fee is applied to all bookings at the time of check out.
* Bus Cancellations - Rail New Zealand charge a 10% Refund Processing Fee in addition to any charges applied by Intercity Coachlines on cancellations of all point to point bookings. A NZ$ 30.00 Refund Processing Fee will be applied to all tours.
* Train Cancellations - Rail New Zealand charge a $30.00 per booking Refund Processing Fee in addition to any charges applied by KiwiRail Scenic on cancellations of all point to point bookings.
* Ferry Cancellations - Rail New Zealand charge a $30.00 per booking Refund Processing Fee in addition to any charges applied by InterIslander or Bluebridge on cancellations of all point to point bookings.
* Rail/Bus Passes - Rail New Zealand charge a $100.00 per person booking Refund Processing Fee in addition to any charges applied by KiwiRail Scenic or Intercity Coachlines on cancellations of passes.
* All reservations and the issuance of an 'E-Ticket/Itinerary' or 'E-Voucher' for travel on any regional or long distance bus/coach service and/or tour is subject to the terms of the Operator's Conditions of Carriage and Terms and Conditions of the fare that has been booked.
* Any 'E-Ticket/Itinerary' or 'E-Voucher' must be available for inspection by the bus/coach driver on the day of travel. Failure to have an 'E-Ticket/Itinerary' or 'E-Voucher' available for inspection, may result in your travel plans being disrupted.
* The Issuance of your train 'E-Ticket/Itinerary' or 'E-Voucher' and/or the Operator/s of the bus/coach and/or ferry service and/or tour that has been booked for, are not responsible or liable for any loss, damage or expense incurred by passengers as a result of the failure of the service to operate or depart or arrive at the scheduled time or location or any other disruptions to the service due to operational requirements or from the forces of nature.
* Any dispute/s concerning your reservation comes under New Zealand law and is to be heard in a New Zealand Court of Law between yourself and the operator of the bus/coach or ferry service that has been booked for and travelled.
* Payment is by a Visa/Mastercard credit, debit, reloadable prepaid card or travel card for all travel routes.
* All refunds are processed back to the original Visa/Mastercard card that was used to pay for your train/ferry travel. Refunds to another Visa/Mastercard or 'Electronic' payment card or for cash is NOT allowed.
* Visa and Mastercard payments are processed by 'International Rail/International Travel' or 'Railbus International'.
* Bus, tour and some train fares e-vouchers are issued by Travelcom Ltd, being an authorised/accredited ticketing/reservation agents of InterCity Group Ltd, trading as Newmans Coachlines, InterCity Coachlines and Great Sights or bus/coach/transport operators under contract to InterCity Group Ltd.
* All train e-vouchers are issued by International Rail Ltd or train e-ticket/itineraries are issued by Travelcom Ltd being authorised/accredited ticketing/reservation agents of Kiwirail Scenic Journeys - a trading division of Kiwirail Ltd.
* By clicking the I agree to the Terms and Conditions, you accept these Terms and Conditions of your reservation/s and the Conditions of the Carriage of the Operator of the bus/coach service, tour and/or ferry service/s that has been booked for.